Update for the last 4 weeks until the middle of January
Posted on January 12th, 2010 by timotheus
What happened in the past weeks
- Work has continued on making OpenPetra run in a productive environment, even though not much functionality is there yet.
- We now have a setup of a server that provides OpenPetra hosting. For backup we ended up using duplicity and Amazon S3, which proved to be the easiest and cheapest solution. All data is GPG encrypted before it is uploaded to S3.
- The patchtool has been integrated into OpenPetra and tested. This allows easy upgrade of clients. The patchtool has not been implemented yet for the standalone version.
- In our specific installation, we have an encrypted communication with a phpBB installation for authenticating the users. In the same way, a plugin DLL for authenticating against LDAP could be implemented.
- Version 0.0.11 has been released. Most of the new changes though don’t affect the standalone version, but the remote network setup.
- We don’t publish the remote client any longer, since it is easy to build from the sources anyways. The setup of OpenPetra on a network or the Internet requires some configuration. If you need any help, or would like to test our SaaS solution, let us know.
What did not happen in that time
- Gift matching and letter printing is still not available in the normal OpenPetra Client.
What should happen next week
- Gift import and matching, and printing yearly gift receipts for donors.
Projects to get involved with the project
- Develop an LDAP authentication plugin for OpenPetra.