Installation/Deployment Scenarios of OpenPetra
The OpenPetra architecture currently supports the following installation/deployment scenarios:
- Network: Client and application server need to be in the same network.
- Client runs on a Windows PC.
- Application server and database system both run on a server with Linux operating system.
- Standalone: No network or server is needed.
- Client, application server and database system all run on a single Windows PC.
- Remote: Remote connection (eg. dial-in) to a network installation.
- Client runs on a Windows PC and connects via VPN to a remote application server.
- Application server and database system run on a server with Linux operating system.
Petra can also be used in Terminal Services installations.
Programming languages and used tools
OpenPetra is developed in C# which requires the freely available Microsoft .Net Framework for Windows or the freely available Mono framework for Linux.
Please look here to find an overview about the tools which are used within openpetra.
There is a choice of databases, all of them are freely available. At the moment we support SQLite (which is excellent for quick installations for developing and evaluating OpenPetra), PostgreSQL (which is a reliable and powerful database management system), and MySQL.